African Jolly Boy
Michael Bello • Abeokuta • Nigeria
Nigeria • 2019 • Oil and melt on canvas
152.4 x 121.92 cm
Title: African jolly boy (boy and butterfly) Medium: oil, acrylic and melt on canvas Size: 4feet x 3feet Purpose: This painting is executed in oil, acrylic and melt on canvas, its targeted at driving us away from the ugly african stories of high rate of deaths, malnutrition and the average poverty-stricken child but to see a more optimistic and brighter side of the african child. Irrespective of color, tribe, nationality, gender, the child should have direct or indirect play access to nature and its habitat, this aids their growing up, adding value to their growth, making their day to day activities colorful and interesting. The butterfly signifies the gentle and harmless nature of little kids and they expect there immediate environment to be so too, tender, loving, warm, accommodating and loving. The average African child has little or no access to beautiful and colorful toys to play with and its only by nature’s grace and chance the african child will come across a butterfly before actually getting grown up to do things alone. Life is beautiful! #africanart #africanwoman #africanamerican #michaelbello #saatchi #artgalleries #artbuyers #artbusiness #artdealer #artcollectors #artforsale #contemporarypainting #contemporaryartist #un #unescoworldheritage #unesco #unicef #paris #usa #canada #oiloncanvas #artistofinstagram #instaart #painting #exhibitions #artbasel #artbiennale #africanartgallery #artfinder #artlovers
1 in stock
- A Certificate of Authenticity will be provided together with my artworks.
- Please make sure your address and phone number in your ARTMO profile is actual. If you want to use a different address for delivery, then please make according changes throughout the check-out procedure.
- According to ARTMO’s shipping policy, sellers may only use trusted carrier's such as FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc..
- All prices set by sellers are by default without shipping costs. If the seller is not covering the shipping costs, then the seller will ask for additional payment based on an estimate. If the buyer does not agree to those additional charges, then the purchase will re reversed and the buyer will be refunded in full.
- An ARTMO shop manager will contact you directly, via email in order to confirm all details and further proceedings.
- Now you want to finally check-out your item. If you change your mind, you can still delete the item in your cart. If you are still committed to purchase, now you need to finalize the check-out process and pay onto ARTMO's account in trust. For your security, I will not receive my payment before the item has safely arrived.
- After payment I will pack and ship the artwork. This may take 48 to 72 hours (from Monday to Friday / weekend days not counting) since artwork packaging needs to be done thoroughly. If there is any delay, due to unforeseen circumstances, I will inform you asap.
- Once the item is on its way you will receive a tracking number which enables you to follow along the shipping on the carrier's website directly. It's important to note that if shipping internationally, there may be custom delays. This is not unusual and should not cause you any panic.
- When the item arrives, you must check the packaging and the item right away, in presence of the delivery person. In case of any damages you must report this to the delivery person. Please make photos which clearly show all damages. Any complaints after signing off the delivery receipt will not be accepted, neither by me nor by the insurance company.
My Return Policy:
I accept returns within 7 days after you have received the item. For sales within the EU returns must be accepted by law within 14 days. You must inform ARTMO about your decision to return the artwork, using email (firstname.lastname@example.org). You must return by using the same type of packing material and the same shipping carrier. All costs must be covered by you including shipping insurance. Once the item has arrived safely at the seller's address and once it is confirmed undamaged ARTMO will refund the net price (excluding initial shipping and insurance costs).