Bogdan Carlescu • Baia Mare • Romania
2020 • Acrylic paint on glass. Reverse painting technique.
70 x 33.5 cm • Framed: 77.5 x 41.5 cm
Frame description: Wood, grey, depth 1.5cm
This is a unique painting which has been created using two pieces of glass bounded together, reverse painting technique has been used on one of the glass panels. The painting itself it`s actually a story, story of 2020 so far. As the title says, year 2020 was deformed, unique by the number of incidents that happened. Why old glass? - It represents the old people, the glass is taken from some old windows from a house which was built in 1958 - 1960. Why glass? - Because it`s fragile. Why red earth? - Covid, its main victims were old people or people with a fragile health. It is also made this way to show the level of panic that was around us, like everyone saw red in front of their eyes. Why blue globe? - Because from space the Earth was still blue and it also represents the hope that we will get back to normal at some point. Why black lines? Why red stars? Why white stars? Why white dots on the red continents? Why small dots on both globes? - I`ll leave these unanswered for now but these are also elements which are part of the story. Why does this painting make sense to be introduced by a new artist that no one else heard about? Because Covid was new and secondly because the style is somehow unique and original. In reality the painting has a lot more details to be observed than it has in the photos. The painting is modern, elegant, abstract, unique and the story behind it will remain in history for many years to come.
Price on request
1 in stock
- A Certificate of Authenticity will be provided together with my artworks.
- Please make sure your address and phone number in your ARTMO profile is actual. If you want to use a different address for delivery, then please make according changes throughout the check-out procedure.
- According to ARTMO’s shipping policy, only trusted carrier's such as FedEx, DHL or UPS will be used.
- Once the artwork is in your cart the shipping costs, including insurance, will be calculated based on your address. These costs will be added to your invoice. This may take a little time. You will receive an email once your invoice has been updated.
- An ARTMO shop manager will contact you directly, either by email, Skype, WhatsApp or phone in order to confirm all details and further proceedings.
- Now you want to finally check-out your item. If you change your mind, you can still delete the item in your cart. If you are still committed to purchase, now you need to finalize the check-out process and pay onto my ARTMO account. For your security, I will not receive my payment before the item has safely arrived.
- After payment I will pack and ship the artwork. This may take up to 48 hours since artwork packaging needs to be done thoroughly. If there is any delay, due to unforeseen circumstances, you will be informed asap.
- Once the item is on its way you will receive a tracking number which enables you to follow along the shipping on the carrier's website directly. It's important to note that if shipping internationally, there may be custom delays. This is not unusual and should not cause you any panic.
- When the item arrives, you must check the packaging and the item right away, in presence of the delivery person. In case of any damages you must report this to the delivery person. Please make photos which clearly show all damages. Any complaints after signing off the delivery receipt will not be accepted, neither by me nor by the insurance company.
My Return Policy:
I accept returns within 7 days after you have received the item. You must inform ARTMO about your decision to return the artwork, using email (email@example.com). You must return within 48 hours by using the same packing material and shipping carrier. All costs must be covered by you including shipping insurance. Once the item has arrived safely at the artist’s address and once it is confirmed undamaged ARTMO will refund the net price (excluding initial shipping and insurance costs).