Bogdan Carlescu • Baia Mare • Romania
Romania • 2020 • Acrylic paint on glass. Reverse painting technique.
33.5 x 70 cm • Framed: 41.5 x 77.5 cm
Frame description: Wood, grey, depth 1.5cm
This is a unique painting which has been created using two pieces of glass bounded together, reverse painting technique has been used on one of the glass panels. The painting itself it`s actually a story, story of 2020 so far. As the title says, year 2020 was deformed, unique by the number of incidents that happened. Why old glass? - It represents the old people, the glass is taken from some old windows from a house which was built in 1958 - 1960. Why glass? - Because it`s fragile. Why red earth? - Covid, its main victims were old people or people with a fragile health. It is also made this way to show the level of panic that was around us, like everyone saw red in front of their eyes. Why blue globe? - Because from space the Earth was still blue and it also represents the hope that we will get back to normal at some point. Why black lines? Why red stars? Why white stars? Why white dots on the red continents? Why small dots on both globes? - I`ll leave these unanswered for now but these are also elements which are part of the story. Why does this painting make sense to be introduced by a new artist that no one else heard about? Because Covid was new and secondly because the style is somehow unique and original. In reality the painting has a lot more details to be observed than it has in the photos. The painting is modern, elegant, abstract, unique and the story behind it will remain in history for many years to come.
Price on request
1 in stock
- A Certificate of Authenticity will be provided together with my artworks.
- Please make sure your address and phone number in your ARTMO profile is actual. If you want to use a different address for delivery, then please make according changes throughout the check-out procedure.
- According to ARTMO’s shipping policy, sellers may only use trusted carrier's such as FedEx, DHL, UPS, etc..
- All prices set by sellers are by default without shipping costs. If the seller is not covering the shipping costs, then the seller will ask for additional payment based on an estimate. If the buyer does not agree to those additional charges, then the purchase will re reversed and the buyer will be refunded in full.
- An ARTMO shop manager will contact you directly, via email in order to confirm all details and further proceedings.
- Now you want to finally check-out your item. If you change your mind, you can still delete the item in your cart. If you are still committed to purchase, now you need to finalize the check-out process and pay onto ARTMO's account in trust. For your security, I will not receive my payment before the item has safely arrived.
- After payment I will pack and ship the artwork. This may take 48 to 72 hours (from Monday to Friday / weekend days not counting) since artwork packaging needs to be done thoroughly. If there is any delay, due to unforeseen circumstances, I will inform you asap.
- Once the item is on its way you will receive a tracking number which enables you to follow along the shipping on the carrier's website directly. It's important to note that if shipping internationally, there may be custom delays. This is not unusual and should not cause you any panic.
- When the item arrives, you must check the packaging and the item right away, in presence of the delivery person. In case of any damages you must report this to the delivery person. Please make photos which clearly show all damages. Any complaints after signing off the delivery receipt will not be accepted, neither by me nor by the insurance company.
My Return Policy:
I accept returns within 7 days after you have received the item. For sales within the EU returns must be accepted by law within 14 days. You must inform ARTMO about your decision to return the artwork, using email (email@example.com). You must return by using the same type of packing material and the same shipping carrier. All costs must be covered by you including shipping insurance. Once the item has arrived safely at the seller's address and once it is confirmed undamaged ARTMO will refund the net price (excluding initial shipping and insurance costs).