Detail [Homme venant soutenir le pied d’un autre étendu sur le sable]
Mireille Loup • Arles • France
2018 • Giclee process on Hahnemühle PhotoRag 308g Fine Art paper
Edition 1 / 5
30 x 30 cm
If you want it with the frame, please, contact me. Versus Dystopia or the Poetics of Uncertainty, is a research on Men and faith. It opposes the idea of a counter-utopia. It nourishes the hope that when something serious, something that defies understanding happens, Man rises to a higher form of humanity and awakens to the sublime reality of solidarity. Taoism teaches that when habits can no longer continue, one must follow a path of extraordinary behaviour. One has to "cross the great river". In Chinese philosophy one must confront uncertain waters to reach new shores. Dystopia depicts an imaginary society, a society organised in such a way as to prevent its members from achieving happiness. To the point of becoming a utopia that turns into a nightmare. The current trend is to endlessly repeat that the world is ill, that our planet is dying, that our civilisation is decadent, that humans are cowards or worse, traitors. I felt that it was important to create Versus Dystopia (...) I often like to believe that uncertainty is what makes us the most human, humbly human. As in art books, I extracted from each representation, a detail, that becomes itself an image.
1 in stock
- A Certificate of Authenticity will be provided together with my artworks.
- Please make sure your address and phone number in your ARTMO profile is actual. If you want to use a different address for delivery, then please make according changes throughout the check-out procedure.
- According to ARTMO’s shipping policy, only trusted carrier's such as FedEx, DHL or UPS will be used.
- Once the artwork is in your cart the shipping costs, including insurance, will be calculated based on your address. These costs will be added to your invoice. This may take a little time. You will receive an email once your invoice has been updated.
- An ARTMO shop manager will contact you directly, either by email, Skype, WhatsApp or phone in order to confirm all details and further proceedings.
- Now you want to finally check-out your item. If you change your mind, you can still delete the item in your cart. If you are still committed to purchase, now you need to finalize the check-out process and pay onto my ARTMO account. For your security, I will not receive my payment before the item has safely arrived.
- After payment I will pack and ship the artwork. This may take up to 48 hours since artwork packaging needs to be done thoroughly. If there is any delay, due to unforeseen circumstances, you will be informed asap.
- Once the item is on its way you will receive a tracking number which enables you to follow along the shipping on the carrier's website directly. It's important to note that if shipping internationally, there may be custom delays. This is not unusual and should not cause you any panic.
- When the item arrives, you must check the packaging and the item right away, in presence of the delivery person. In case of any damages you must report this to the delivery person. Please make photos which clearly show all damages. Any complaints after signing off the delivery receipt will not be accepted, neither by me nor by the insurance company.
My Return Policy:
I accept returns within 7 days after you have received the item. You must inform ARTMO about your decision to return the artwork, using email (email@example.com). You must return within 48 hours by using the same packing material and shipping carrier. All costs must be covered by you including shipping insurance. Once the item has arrived safely at the artist’s address and once it is confirmed undamaged ARTMO will refund the net price (excluding initial shipping and insurance costs).