Jens Oelker • Raeren • Belgium
Belgium • 2021 • Oil on canvas
80 x 120 cm
It is evening when you exit the enormous canyon known as “Siq” in Jordania. In front of you lies the treasury “Al Khazneh”, which is the centerpiece of the rock city Petra, one of the seven world wonders.
The monument might look familiar to you. Isn’t this where Indiana Jones once found the Holy Grail? Yes and no. Just look at the stonemasonry.
43 meters high and 30 meters wide, the phenomenal play of natural and carved stone is the true jewel of the desert. Don’t you feel tiny in comparison? Yet it is man-made.
Some movement captures your attention. A Bedouin passes by, being on the way back home. It is his “Feierabend,” a usual evening where he is done with his work. Where it’ll lead him tomorrow or the day after? Who knows! Nothing is set in stone (except for Petra’s treasury maybe).
The original oil painting on canvas by Jens Oelker is the first of a series named “Nichts ist in Stein gemeißelt.”
By choosing realism, the painting is not only a eulogy to the craftsmanship of an ancient time, but also a direct link to the reality we perceive and live in. We carve our lives into the stone. And we do it every single day.
Note: For an additional charge, I offer the painting together with a custom frame that transitions smoothly into your room. Get in touch with me: firstname.lastname@example.org
1 in stock
Thank you for your interest in my painting!
If you want to know what the painting will look like in your room, you can send me an e-mail with a picture of your room and the dimensions of the aspired space for the painting. According to the dimensions, I will then digitally insert the painting into the picture of your room. I will be happy to help you make a confident decision.
For an additional charge, you can also buy the painting together with a custom frame that smoothly transitions to the style of your room. Please write me an e-mail to discuss the specifications.
Please note that I take special care in packaging and shipping my artworks. In case you have any questions, feel free to get in contact with me!
You can reach me best via e-mail: email@example.com
- A Certificate of Authenticity will be provided together with my artworks.
- Please make sure your address and phone number in your ARTMO profile is actual. If you want to use a different address for delivery, then please make according changes throughout the check-out procedure.
- According to ARTMO’s shipping policy, only trusted carrier's such as FedEx, DHL or UPS will be used.
- Once the artwork is in your cart the shipping costs, including insurance, will be calculated based on your address. These costs will be added to your invoice. This may take a little time. You will receive an email once your invoice has been updated.
- An ARTMO shop manager will contact you directly, via email in order to confirm all details and further proceedings.
- Now you want to finally check-out your item. If you change your mind, you can still delete the item in your cart. If you are still committed to purchase, now you need to finalize the check-out process and pay onto my ARTMO account. For your security, I will not receive my payment before the item has safely arrived.
- After payment I will pack and ship the artwork. This may take 48 to 72 hours since artwork packaging needs to be done thoroughly. If there is any delay, due to unforeseen circumstances, I will inform you asap.
- Once the item is on its way you will receive a tracking number which enables you to follow along the shipping on the carrier's website directly. It's important to note that if shipping internationally, there may be custom delays. This is not unusual and should not cause you any panic.
- When the item arrives, you must check the packaging and the item right away, in presence of the delivery person. In case of any damages you must report this to the delivery person. Please make photos which clearly show all damages. Any complaints after signing off the delivery receipt will not be accepted, neither by me nor by the insurance company.
My Return Policy:
I accept returns within 7 days after you have received the item. You must inform ARTMO about your decision to return the artwork, using email (firstname.lastname@example.org). You must return within 48 hours by using the same packing material and shipping carrier. All costs must be covered by you including shipping insurance. Once the item has arrived safely at the artist’s address and once it is confirmed undamaged ARTMO will refund the net price (excluding initial shipping and insurance costs).