In the footsteps of a small lynx
Anna Shabalova • Rivne • Ukraine
2020 • Oil paints, on canvas
60 x 50 cm
After painting the first painting from the series "Disappearing Treasures" ("Shadow of the White Rhino"), I felt the need to tell the world about my country, about Ukraine, and about those treasures of my land that are priceless but, unfortunately, are also subject to the terrible consumer impact of people , which will invariably lead to their loss, if we do not reconsider the attitude towards native nature. One of the significant symbols of our country is the Carpathian Mountains and their nature. These mountains, their rivers, lakes and forests are not just a beautiful area, but also a unique ecosystem, fundamentally important for our country as a whole, changes in which will bring changes in details. Look at this baby red Carpathian lynx! Do you know why he moves so not confidently, with fear, approaching us? And all because he cannot understand why we, people, Ukrainians, decided to destroy his home, cutting down trees and destroying the beauty of the Carpathian forests, which are permeated with legends and tales of our people. In the branches of which songs of ancestors sound, telling about the greatness of the Ukrainian land. He does not understand why we have lost the value of the most important - our, still great, heritage, but which is inexorably dwindling. After all, each of us remembers how in childhood, with bare feet, we ran on the same green and fragrant grass and admired the surrounding beauty. Have we forgotten all this, devalued it, and without even thinking about the future are ready to destroy here and now ?! What will we leave to our children? Living and fragrant earth or just its image?
1 in stock
- A Certificate of Authenticity will be provided together with my artworks.
- Please make sure your address and phone number in your ARTMO profile is actual. If you want to use a different address for delivery, then please make according changes throughout the check-out procedure.
- According to ARTMO’s shipping policy, only trusted carrier's such as FedEx, DHL or UPS will be used.
- Once the artwork is in your cart the shipping costs, including insurance, will be calculated based on your address. These costs will be added to your invoice. This may take a little time. You will receive an email once your invoice has been updated.
- An ARTMO shop manager will contact you directly, either by email, Skype, WhatsApp or phone in order to confirm all details and further proceedings.
- Now you want to finally check-out your item. If you change your mind, you can still delete the item in your cart. If you are still committed to purchase, now you need to finalize the check-out process and pay onto my ARTMO account. For your security, I will not receive my payment before the item has safely arrived.
- After payment I will pack and ship the artwork. This may take up to 48 hours since artwork packaging needs to be done thoroughly. If there is any delay, due to unforeseen circumstances, you will be informed asap.
- Once the item is on its way you will receive a tracking number which enables you to follow along the shipping on the carrier's website directly. It's important to note that if shipping internationally, there may be custom delays. This is not unusual and should not cause you any panic.
- When the item arrives, you must check the packaging and the item right away, in presence of the delivery person. In case of any damages you must report this to the delivery person. Please make photos which clearly show all damages. Any complaints after signing off the delivery receipt will not be accepted, neither by me nor by the insurance company.
My Return Policy:
I accept returns within 7 days after you have received the item. You must inform ARTMO about your decision to return the artwork, using email (email@example.com). You must return within 48 hours by using the same packing material and shipping carrier. All costs must be covered by you including shipping insurance. Once the item has arrived safely at the artist’s address and once it is confirmed undamaged ARTMO will refund the net price (excluding initial shipping and insurance costs).