Plum Blossom Necklace & Brooch 01
Linda Wang • Beijing • China
300 • Antique porcelain, fine jewellery handmade sterling silver blue and white plum blossom flower necklace.
1.8 x 5.3 cm
For this creation, I use Porcelain selected from the Kangxi period of the Qing dynasty (1661AD -1722AD) I was inspired by traditional musical instrument chinese lute(Normally we call it Pipa). The pipa is one of the most popular Chinese instruments and has been played for almost two thousand years in China. Several related instruments in East and Southeast Asia are derived from the pipa. Early literary tradition in China, for example in a 3rd-century description by Fu Xuan, Ode to Pipa, associates the Han pipa with the northern frontier, Princess Liu Xijun, and Wang Zhaojun, who were married to nomad rulers of the Wusun and Xiongnu peoples in what is now Mongolia and northern Xinjiang respectively. Wang Zhaojun in particular is frequently referenced in later literary works and lyrics (although her story is often conflated with other women including Liu Xijun),as well as in music pieces such as Zhaojun's Lament (昭君怨), and in paintings where she is often depicted holding a pipa. There are many references to pipa in Tang literary works, for example, in A Music Conservatory Miscellany Duan Anjie related many anecdotes associated with pipa. The pipa is mentioned frequently in Tang Dynasty poetry, where it is often praised for its refinement and delicacy of tone, with poems dedicated to well-known players describing their performances. A famous poem by Bai Juyi's Pipa xing (琵琶行), contains a description of a pipa performance during a chance encounter with a female pipa player on the Yangtze River. The pattern of the piece is plum blossom flower.We select only the choicest piece for Pipa pendant.The silver part was made by hand delicately. “The scent of plum blossoms comes from surviving the bitter cold.” Nearly every Chinese literator has left some laudatory lines or paintings on plum blossom. In their opinions, plum blossom does not crowd the spring time with all the other flowers to catch people’s attention but enjoys its own efflorescence lonely in the winter. In traditional Chinese culture, plum blossom becomes a symbol of pride, noble self-esteem, and perseverance. This necklace&brooch is beautifully crafted from antique fragments of porcelain from the period and is of heirloom quality. Each piece is completely unique and celebrates the ancient artists who crafted and hand-painted such elegant quality. Finding complete examples of their work is extremely rare, so they are not only valued as pieces of jewelry but also as a valuable piece of art. The originality of each example underlines it's classic, timeless appeal and makes a wonderful statement of excellence. The perfect addition to your own personal collection or a precious gift for family members, friends and business partners. The pendant is presented on a hallmarked silver chain and comes along with an identity card, a presentation purse, a silver polishing cloth and a nice brocade box. This item is handmade from antique porcelain, and it's small imperfections are part of the beauty of working with these original materials. The chain is S925 International sterling silver. We value your thoughts and feelings and love to hear from you all, so please do not hesitate to get in touch!
1 in stock
- A Certificate of Authenticity will be provided together with my artworks.
- Please make sure your address and phone number in your ARTMO profile is actual. If you want to use a different address for delivery, then please make according changes throughout the check-out procedure.
- According to ARTMO’s shipping policy, only trusted carrier's such as FedEx, DHL or UPS will be used.
- Once the artwork is in your cart the shipping costs, including insurance, will be calculated based on your address. These costs will be added to your invoice. This may take a little time. You will receive an email once your invoice has been updated.
- An ARTMO shop manager will contact you directly, either by email, Skype, WhatsApp or phone in order to confirm all details and further proceedings.
- Now you want to finally check-out your item. If you change your mind, you can still delete the item in your cart. If you are still committed to purchase, now you need to finalize the check-out process and pay onto my ARTMO account. For your security, I will not receive my payment before the item has safely arrived.
- After payment I will pack and ship the artwork. This may take up to 48 hours since artwork packaging needs to be done thoroughly. If there is any delay, due to unforeseen circumstances, you will be informed asap.
- Once the item is on its way you will receive a tracking number which enables you to follow along the shipping on the carrier's website directly. It's important to note that if shipping internationally, there may be custom delays. This is not unusual and should not cause you any panic.
- When the item arrives, you must check the packaging and the item right away, in presence of the delivery person. In case of any damages you must report this to the delivery person. Please make photos which clearly show all damages. Any complaints after signing off the delivery receipt will not be accepted, neither by me nor by the insurance company.
My Return Policy:
I accept returns within 7 days after you have received the item. You must inform ARTMO about your decision to return the artwork, using email (email@example.com). You must return within 48 hours by using the same packing material and shipping carrier. All costs must be covered by you including shipping insurance. Once the item has arrived safely at the artist’s address and once it is confirmed undamaged ARTMO will refund the net price (excluding initial shipping and insurance costs).