Reign Mark Ring 01
Linda Wang • Beijing • China
300 • Antique porcelain, fine jewellry handmade sterling silver blue and white reign mark ring
1.6 x 2.0 cm
For this creation, I use Porcelain selected from the Kangxi period of the Qing dynasty (1661AD -1722AD)The style of writing of Qing reign marks varies, but can be separated into two broad divisions within which there are further sub-divisions.In the first division written in ‘kai-shu’ (regular or modern script), the mark consists of six characters written in two columns of three characters. It is read from right to left and in descending order. The first character reads ‘da’ (great), followed by ‘qing’ (pure), the official name of the alien Manchu dynasty. This is followed by the two characters giving the reign title of the ruling emperor. The fifth character reads ‘nian’ (year) and the final character reads ‘zhi’ (made/manufactured).Well,some porcelain wares were made during the Qing Dynasty may not inscribe reign mark of this period. Instead ancient artists inscribe reign mark of former dynasties. They'd love to express appreciation and admiration for its superb craftsmanship. The mark above was written in ‘Kai-shu’, it should be read as follows: This translates as “made in the reign of Chenghua (reign title of the ninth Ming emperor) in the Great Ming dynasty”.The second broad division of reign marks is written in ‘Zhuan’ (archaic seal script). It reflects the eighteenth century’s obsession with the archaic style. The seal script reign marks are translated in exactly the same way as in the ‘kai-shu’ script.This ring is beautifully crafted from antique fragments of porcelain from the period and is of heirloom quality.Ring size is adjustable.Each piece is completely unique and celebrates the ancient artists who crafted and hand-painted such elegant quality.Finding complete examples of their work is extremely rare, so they are not only valued as pieces of jewelry but also as a valuable piece of art.The originality of each example underlines it's classic, timeless appeal and makes a wonderful statement of excellence.The perfect addition to your own personal collection or a precious gift for family members, friends and business partners.The ring comes along with an identity card, a presentation purse, a silver polishing cloth and a nice brocade box.This item is handmade from antique porcelain, and it's small imperfections are part of the beauty of working with these original materials.We value your thoughts and feelings and love to hear from you all, so please do not hesitate to get in touch!
1 in stock
- A Certificate of Authenticity will be provided together with my artworks.
- Please make sure your address and phone number in your ARTMO profile is actual. If you want to use a different address for delivery, then please make according changes throughout the check-out procedure.
- According to ARTMO’s shipping policy, only trusted carrier's such as FedEx, DHL or UPS will be used.
- Once the artwork is in your cart the shipping costs, including insurance, will be calculated based on your address. These costs will be added to your invoice. This may take a little time. You will receive an email once your invoice has been updated.
- An ARTMO shop manager will contact you directly, either by email, Skype, WhatsApp or phone in order to confirm all details and further proceedings.
- Now you want to finally check-out your item. If you change your mind, you can still delete the item in your cart. If you are still committed to purchase, now you need to finalize the check-out process and pay onto my ARTMO account. For your security, I will not receive my payment before the item has safely arrived.
- After payment I will pack and ship the artwork. This may take up to 48 hours since artwork packaging needs to be done thoroughly. If there is any delay, due to unforeseen circumstances, you will be informed asap.
- Once the item is on its way you will receive a tracking number which enables you to follow along the shipping on the carrier's website directly. It's important to note that if shipping internationally, there may be custom delays. This is not unusual and should not cause you any panic.
- When the item arrives, you must check the packaging and the item right away, in presence of the delivery person. In case of any damages you must report this to the delivery person. Please make photos which clearly show all damages. Any complaints after signing off the delivery receipt will not be accepted, neither by me nor by the insurance company.
My Return Policy:
I accept returns within 7 days after you have received the item. You must inform ARTMO about your decision to return the artwork, using email (email@example.com). You must return within 48 hours by using the same packing material and shipping carrier. All costs must be covered by you including shipping insurance. Once the item has arrived safely at the artist’s address and once it is confirmed undamaged ARTMO will refund the net price (excluding initial shipping and insurance costs).