Sense of Self III (Within You)
Olawunmi Banjo • Lagos • Nigeria
Nigeria • 2018 • Oil on Canvas
102 x 122 cm
Sense of Self: In our new age of digital world, it is easy to lose identity of who we truly are by distractions, some of the things we feed our minds with and looking out for validation from popular opinions about ourselves and how to live our lives. To a large extent, most of that makes us feel pressured and this has led to high rate of depression, low self-esteem and even suicide in various societies across the world. Often times we go in search of what will fill our emptiness; some of us find security in different ideologies (Ancient teachings, traditions, cultures, religions, nature, sciences, cosmos and others). Most of what we look to, have the same hidden truth; “What you seek is within you". The moment of realization reveals the energy we hold within us and knowing that your higher self is within you. Not knowing our potential only makes us wander; We embrace who we are when we have a balanced sense of self and experience the world without losing touch with who we truly are. We can only help others if we first learn to help ourselves and knowing the countless energy we hold within helps us to experience true nature of existence, happiness, peace, love, equality, freedom and more.
Price on request
1 in stock
- A Certificate of Authenticity will be provided together with my artworks.
- Please make sure your address and phone number in your ARTMO profile is actual. If you want to use a different address for delivery, then please make according changes throughout the check-out procedure.
- According to ARTMO’s shipping policy, only trusted carrier's such as FedEx, DHL or UPS will be used.
- Once the artwork is in your cart the shipping costs, including insurance, will be calculated based on your address. These costs will be added to your invoice. This may take a little time. You will receive an email once your invoice has been updated.
- An ARTMO shop manager will contact you directly, via email in order to confirm all details and further proceedings.
- Now you want to finally check-out your item. If you change your mind, you can still delete the item in your cart. If you are still committed to purchase, now you need to finalize the check-out process and pay onto my ARTMO account. For your security, I will not receive my payment before the item has safely arrived.
- After payment I will pack and ship the artwork. This may take 48 to 72 hours since artwork packaging needs to be done thoroughly. If there is any delay, due to unforeseen circumstances, I will inform you asap.
- Once the item is on its way you will receive a tracking number which enables you to follow along the shipping on the carrier's website directly. It's important to note that if shipping internationally, there may be custom delays. This is not unusual and should not cause you any panic.
- When the item arrives, you must check the packaging and the item right away, in presence of the delivery person. In case of any damages you must report this to the delivery person. Please make photos which clearly show all damages. Any complaints after signing off the delivery receipt will not be accepted, neither by me nor by the insurance company.
My Return Policy:
I accept returns within 7 days after you have received the item. You must inform ARTMO about your decision to return the artwork, using email (firstname.lastname@example.org). You must return within 48 hours by using the same packing material and shipping carrier. All costs must be covered by you including shipping insurance. Once the item has arrived safely at the artist’s address and once it is confirmed undamaged ARTMO will refund the net price (excluding initial shipping and insurance costs).