Vasiliy Pimenov • Ульяновск • Russia
2020 • Acrylic on plywood
76 x 76 cm
Foreword: The picture is the same book. She can tell a lot if she can read.Hello, friends!I present to you my new job. In connection with quarantine, I had more time for creativity. Three weeks of quarantine benefited me. I was able to deeply do what I love - drawing.So, about the picture. As you all know, I always approach the plot so that it makes sense. And this work was no exception. The central figure is the Shogun in red armor with a two-handed katana. Who is a shogun? The shogun is a commander. As a rule, this is the leader of the clan, a representative of a noble family of Japan. The one who is closest to the Emperor. First of all, these wars represent courage. The sword is a continuation of the war. I tried to highlight the shogun and the sword so that they felt voluminous. To be honest, I get the feeling that you can take the sword with your hand. In front of the shogun is a dense young strong sakura foliage, as a symbol of what we need to remember, for which we have been given strength. Sakura flowers themselves in Japanese culture symbolize the transience of life. And we also need to remember this. Behind the shogun's back are maple leaves. Maple in Japanese culture means stamina, perseverance, because maple is not afraid of cold weather. Two streams of leaves overlap each other, symbolizing the yin-yang philosophy, as a symbol of the creative unity of opposites in the universe. That we are all between spring and autumn, between beginning and end, between life and death, but we need to be courageous, persistent and strong.Thanks for stopping by and reading. With you was Vasily Pimenov. I draw for the soul, I draw for the people.50% of the sale of this work will be directed to charity.
1 in stock
- A Certificate of Authenticity will be provided together with my artworks.
- Please make sure your address and phone number in your ARTMO profile is actual. If you want to use a different address for delivery, then please make according changes throughout the check-out procedure.
- According to ARTMO’s shipping policy, only trusted carrier's such as FedEx, DHL or UPS will be used.
- Once the artwork is in your cart the shipping costs, including insurance, will be calculated based on your address. These costs will be added to your invoice. This may take a little time. You will receive an email once your invoice has been updated.
- An ARTMO shop manager will contact you directly, either by email, Skype, WhatsApp or phone in order to confirm all details and further proceedings.
- Now you want to finally check-out your item. If you change your mind, you can still delete the item in your cart. If you are still committed to purchase, now you need to finalize the check-out process and pay onto my ARTMO account. For your security, I will not receive my payment before the item has safely arrived.
- After payment I will pack and ship the artwork. This may take up to 48 hours since artwork packaging needs to be done thoroughly. If there is any delay, due to unforeseen circumstances, you will be informed asap.
- Once the item is on its way you will receive a tracking number which enables you to follow along the shipping on the carrier's website directly. It's important to note that if shipping internationally, there may be custom delays. This is not unusual and should not cause you any panic.
- When the item arrives, you must check the packaging and the item right away, in presence of the delivery person. In case of any damages you must report this to the delivery person. Please make photos which clearly show all damages. Any complaints after signing off the delivery receipt will not be accepted, neither by me nor by the insurance company.
My Return Policy:
I accept returns within 7 days after you have received the item. You must inform ARTMO about your decision to return the artwork, using email (firstname.lastname@example.org). You must return within 48 hours by using the same packing material and shipping carrier. All costs must be covered by you including shipping insurance. Once the item has arrived safely at the artist’s address and once it is confirmed undamaged ARTMO will refund the net price (excluding initial shipping and insurance costs).