I have been painting and illustrating for more than 40 years. I live and work in Alsace (France). All my work is influenced by and inspired by Alsace and everything it stimulates. I play with the attitude, the atmosphere and the gestures of my characters. Alive, dancing, sometimes tender, in love or full of energy and good humour, they are immediately identifiable by their traditional Alsatian costume. I revisit this ancient folklore with contemporary writing and bring back to life a whole era that has left its mark on the collective memory. I work according to personal techniques and make all my own oil colours. My vast palette of pigments allows me to obtain infinite mixtures of great transparency which I apply in fine glazes to capture the light. White and black, extreme and recurring values, tell the story of Alsace, with its periods of splendour and darkness, their recurrence giving rhythm to the paintings. My techniques are multiple, oil painting, drawing, engraving, pastel, collages, inks, glass. I exhibit mainly in Alsace, but the amateurs of my work are spread over all the continents.
Jean Valentin Pascklin • Geispolsheim • France
France • 2020 • Oil on canvas
46 x 55 cm • Framed: 53 x 62 cm
Frame description: american brown wooden box
Couple d'alsaciens enlacés
1 in stock
- A Certificate of Authenticity will be provided together with my artworks.
- Please make sure your address and phone number in your ARTMO profile is actual. If you want to use a different address for delivery, then please make according changes throughout the check-out procedure.
- According to ARTMO’s shipping policy, only trusted carrier's such as FedEx, DHL or UPS will be used.
- Once the artwork is in your cart the shipping costs, including insurance, will be calculated based on your address. These costs will be added to your invoice. This may take a little time. You will receive an email once your invoice has been updated.
- An ARTMO shop manager will contact you directly, via email in order to confirm all details and further proceedings.
- Now you want to finally check-out your item. If you change your mind, you can still delete the item in your cart. If you are still committed to purchase, now you need to finalize the check-out process and pay onto my ARTMO account. For your security, I will not receive my payment before the item has safely arrived.
- After payment I will pack and ship the artwork. This may take 48 to 72 hours since artwork packaging needs to be done thoroughly. If there is any delay, due to unforeseen circumstances, I will inform you asap.
- Once the item is on its way you will receive a tracking number which enables you to follow along the shipping on the carrier's website directly. It's important to note that if shipping internationally, there may be custom delays. This is not unusual and should not cause you any panic.
- When the item arrives, you must check the packaging and the item right away, in presence of the delivery person. In case of any damages you must report this to the delivery person. Please make photos which clearly show all damages. Any complaints after signing off the delivery receipt will not be accepted, neither by me nor by the insurance company.
My Return Policy:
I accept returns within 7 days after you have received the item. You must inform ARTMO about your decision to return the artwork, using email (firstname.lastname@example.org). You must return within 48 hours by using the same packing material and shipping carrier. All costs must be covered by you including shipping insurance. Once the item has arrived safely at the artist’s address and once it is confirmed undamaged ARTMO will refund the net price (excluding initial shipping and insurance costs).