The A. G. Leventis Gallery was opened in central Nicosia in 2014, fulfilling Anastasios G. Leventis' bequest to make the art treasures acquired during his lifetime accessible to his compatriots in Cyprus.
This user has not added any information to their profile yet.
EXHIBITIONS | Current & Upcoming
True to the founder's vision, the A. G. Leventis Foundation resolved that his Collections should be exhibited in a building worthy of the art it houses.
Following an international architectural competition, construction of the Gallery began in 2011 and was completed in 2014. Eco-friendly and equipped with state-of-the-art audio-visual resources within the framework of a traditional museum, the Gallery is designed to inform and entertain visitors of all ages.
The Gallery is home to three collections: the Paris Collection and the Greek Collection, acquired by Anastasios G. Leventis himself, and the more recent Cyprus Collection.
Taking its name from Anastasios G. Leventis' Paris apartment where it was housed for more than 50 years, the Paris Collection features European art from a range of artistic schools from the 17th century to the 20th, as well as period furniture and objets d'art.
Making up the Greek Collection are works of local artists from the early 20th century to 1930s.
The primary focus of the Cyprus Collection is work by the first generation of local artists.
Together, the three Collections and the Gallery serve as a landmark for Nicosia and a fitting tribute to the magnificence of our shared European heritage.
BUZZ | NEWS | STORIES
HOME | CONTACT
5 Anastasios G. Leventis Street (ex Leonidou) | 1097