Portuguese artist born in Porto. Currently living with her portuguese/german family in France. Lived for a long period in Portugal and later in Germany.
"...In the tradition of Zao Wou-Ki' s Lyrical Abstraction,
FLO DINIS KLOPRIES' s artwork plunges us into the diffuse but
powerful universe of water and its symbolism. Her paintings
never cease to exalt the spiritual and mystical powers of this element
but also its quiet energy. From material chaos and gestual energy
a symphony of colours and light - a world of sensations - arises..."
(Excerpts from the original french text by Sarah Noteman,
Art Historian and Art Critic, Paris and Canada)
please find the complete original text on www.flodinisklopries.com
▪︎ My artwork has evolved gradually from a particular form of
Figuration to Abstraction and Abstract Figuration but is still open to other artistic
approaches in the future. My work is the product of an immanent state of Cultural and
Artistc "IN-BETWEENNESS". However distinct the different periods of my artwork
may be they share a lot of common aspects:
1) the search for the transcendental dimension of nature and of human existence
2) the ambivalence of artistic expression: calm/turmoil, darkness/light, hard texture/
3) a constant questioning of life and reality in all their often contradictory aspects
4) the importance of movement and emotion as well as the intrinsic energy of creative gesture,
which sometimes literally explodes into a sea of colours - sometimes soft,
sometimes vibrant - into a multitude of voices
5) the awe before the wonders, the power and beauty of nature, expressed not only in a number of WATER series.
Sometimes I paint with energy and passion, sometimes with introspection and calm, giving birth to deep emotions of peace and communion but also of heavy storm, of longing and of pain.